Тема: David Banner
Показать сообщение отдельно
ZLIDEN_PISKA
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 26 апреля 2008, 06:05
  #71 (ПС)
While the competitive nature of hip-hop and increased restraints placed on artists from record labels tend to limit productivity, David Banner has been working non-stop with his upcoming fifth album, a companion record for Adult Swim, films and even creating a new form of hip-hop.
Speaking with Billboard, the Mississippi-born rapper emphasized his achievement of staying relevant in the music industry over a long time span while a majority of entertainers are not.
“Most rappers in this day and time don’t get to make it to their fourth or fifth album, so I feel very blessed,” he said.
In addition to releasing The Greatest Story… on June 3rd, Banner also confessed he was already making a follow-up called 13. Experimenting with a new form, he promises the final product will be unique and unusual.
“It’s different than anything anybody’s ever heard. It’s acid blues hip-hop. Everybody that’s heard it don’t know what to call it,” he explained.
Along with his personal albums, Banner has contributed a companion album to go with his Adult Swim cartoon, That Crook’d ‘Sipp, which is expected to come out later this year.
Focusing attention on his film accomplishments, Banner will also be seen on the big screen alongside actors like Laurence Fishburne in Days of Wrath which he claims will be “our generation’s ‘Scarface’”.
Continuing his dedication to promote better health since losing 54 pounds, Banner is also creating a weight-loss DVD.
“Young black and Latinos now are dying from heart attacks at 28 and 30 years old. Hopefully through my transformation I can get to people in the hood and encourage them. I honestly think I put 20 years on my life—I really do. I want more people to be able to do that,” he told Billboard.