Тема: T.I.
Показать сообщение отдельно
ZLIDEN_PISKA
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 9 октября 2008, 01:15
  #604 (ПС)
Jim Jones has recently made clear his feelings about being left out of the “Swagger Like Us” single.
“I think it was deliberate,” Jim Jones told Complex.com. “I really do think it was deliberate; maybe in my sick twisted mind I’m a little crazy. People know who set the precedent as far as fashion in this industry and people know who damn near changed the world as far as fashion...in the past five years I stepped in and gave them a taste of what rock and roll looks like from my side. I guess people would say from an urban side, and it seemed to catch on like wildfire, to the point that people was going to stores and asking for that Jim Jones look.”
The Diplomats member is now working on a track called “Jackin’ Swagger From Us,” featuring Lil Wayne and Juelz Santana. The song will use the same M.I.A. sample from the original record.
In addition to expressing his less than enthused feelings about being excluded from the track, Jim Jones also had a few words for the artists on the record, including rapper T.I.

“I don’t feel like he possesses any swag. Not like that. It’s fabricated. They’re watching other people, then they try and do it. You know people that dress like T.I.? You know people that go out and say let me get a T.I. outfit or do you know people who say, 'Yo, you’re looking like Jim Jones?' Which one? Lemme hear it! When the bitches want to fuck you and the niggas want be like you, who got the swag? Niggas with money and fame always going to look like they doing something ’cause they got the camera in front of them. But the cool dudes always stick out no matter where they at.”
This week, radio personality Clinton Sparks spoke with T.I. and filled him in on Jim Jones’ recent comments. Tip had this to say:
“Well you know what, that's very funny that either one of you should mention that because my clothing line Akoo will be in stores in November and I believe there will be quite a few people going out to get it. So hopefully, I can step my swag up a little bit. Maybe I can meet his standards. I ain't trippin' over that, man.”
T.I. dismissed the comments made by Jim Jones, calling them “entertainment” and opted not to speak too candidly about the subject.
The two had worked together on Jim Jones' debut album On My Way To The Church.