Z(L)o
старокиевский
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 21 августа 2005, 13:40
  #123 (ПС)
Kanye calls for end of GAY banishing
взято с okayplayer
"
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050818/ap_...kanye_west
Kanye West says "gay" has become an antonym to hip-hop — and that it needs to be stopped.

During an interview for an MTV special, the 27-year-old rapper launched into a discussion about hip-hop and homosexuality while talking about "Hey Mama," a song on his upcoming album, "Late Registration."

West says that when he was young, people would call him a "mama's boy."

"And what happened was, it made me kind of homophobic, 'cause it's like I would go back and question myself," West says on the show, "All Eyes on Kanye West," set to air Thursday night (10:30 p.m. ET).

West says he changed his ways, though, when he learned one of his cousins was gay.

"It was kind of like a turning point when I was like, `Yo, this is my cousin. I love him and I've been discriminating against gays.'"

West says hip-hop was always about "speaking your mind and about breaking down barriers, but everyone in hip-hop discriminates against gay people." He adds that in slang, gay is "the opposite, the exact opposite word of hip-hop."

Kanye's message: "Not just hip-hop, but America just discriminates. And I wanna just, to come on TV and just tell my rappers, just tell my friends, `Yo, stop it.'"
"
вы мне скажите, это выход на новые рынки, что ли?
в смысле, аудитории?