Hip-Hop.Ru - Центральный сайт о Хип Хоп культуре в Рунете

Rap, MCing (зарубежный)
  Hip-Hop.Ru Форум Пользователи Социальные группы Сообщения за день Баня Поиск Сообщения за день Все разделы прочитаны
SoulAssassins.com
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 28 апреля 2007, 11:44
Домашняя страница LastFm Отправить сообщение для SAOPP с помощью Yahoo Отправить сообщение через twitter для SAOPP
  #2226 (ПС)
Это не клип версия, а анрелиз скажем так выходивший на ЕПишки + пару синглов. И для справочки, в тележке так же МЦ Эйт.

Delinquent Habits - Everyday
активный пользователь
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 28 апреля 2007, 15:14
  #2227 (ПС)
Пацаны Black Sunday киньте альбом

I AM THE WEST
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 28 апреля 2007, 15:53
Домашняя страница Отправить сообщение для sickdog с помощью MSN
  #2228 (ПС)
хех бля мой "любимый сингл" ...

непонятно хуле в европеискии и американский вариант альбома ТДДУП невошли эти треки: ready to die & roll it up оба имхо отличные особенно реди ту даи, это былобы только на пользу альбому...

Фотографии:
(66.8 Кбайт / 60 просм.)

I AM THE WEST
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 28 апреля 2007, 16:11
  #2229 (ПС)
кстати порылсо в компе и всётаки нашол тот галимый микстеип что монах писал...

Фотографии:
(389.7 Кбайт / 56 просм.)
(330.5 Кбайт / 59 просм.)

Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 28 апреля 2007, 16:36
LastFm
  #2230 (ПС)
-Цитата от sickdog Посмотреть сообщение
кстати порылсо в компе и всётаки нашол тот галимый микстеип что монах писал...
как там в плане ритмов, битов?
залей сюда пожалста , чёт интересно стало...

I AM THE WEST
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 28 апреля 2007, 22:55
  #2231 (ПС)
Q & A W/ sick Jacken Of sick symphonies & psycho realm: The legend of the mask Pt. 1

thaFormula.com - The first time I heard you guys was on the "Vida Loca" soundtrack in '94, how did you guys get on that soundtrack?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - When we hooked up with B-Real in '93, he seen us somewhere and he wanted to hook up with us and put us out so with paperwork and all that shit, we ended up being good by like early '94. We were signed to his production deal so he had to get us on a certain amount of projects to make us a certain amount of loot per year and that project came to the table and he got us on there. The Baka Boyz produced that track and it was our first professional release.

thaFormula.com - Now many people at that time compared you guys to Cypress Hill, were you cool with that comparison?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - Nah. People like us, we don't really like to be compared to nobody. I think at that point in time I wasn't making tracks or nothing so we were getting produced by Soul Assassins producers so naturally the Soul Assassins production team is gonna give us a Soul Assassins sound. Being that my voice was a little high and Dukes voice was low, you know the comparison was natural but once my boy dropped out of the group and I started producing in '95 we got our sound and when we debuted that first Psycho Realm record, we had found our own sound. So if you listen to The "Scandalous" track on the Vida Loca soundtrack, there is a lot of similarities to that Soul Assassins sound. When something's new you always wanna attach it to something like "oh that sounds like this or oh that sounds like that." It's natural so it don't bother us.

thaFormula.com - Did that track open a lot of doors for you guys?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - Yeah, it got us out there. It got us our name out there. Before that, we were just doing shows locally up and down California doing colleges and shit like that. We weren't really doing major shows at that point. After we did that track we ended up doing Big Top Locos that Culture Clash threw right there at the Grand Olympic Auditorium. We were performing with Rage Against the Machine you know? So that was a big opportunity. Once you have a resume, it does open a lot of doors. It just makes you look professional like you're on the map.

thaFormula.com - So after that track, what did you guys do next and was the album already done?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - Nah. We had demos, but that was the first track that we recorded under B-Real's production agreement. After that, we started recording the album. TRT was producing at that point and we had a couple of tracks from Ralph M of Funkdoobiest, Lethal from House of Pain and we had about 8 to 10 songs done and my boy decided to drop out of the group so we pretty much just canned the album and we went back to the drawing board. I took one of B-Real's SP1200's and started making tracks and that's when we recorded "Showdown," we recorded "Psycho City Blocks," "Stone Garden" and like all those demos. I went and bought a 4-track at a pawnshop and started recording songs in my living room and my apartment. By that time my brother was on tour with Cypress doing the Smokin' Grooves and the South America tour because Sen Dog wasn't touring with them at that time so my brother went and did backup for B and B started hearing the demos and got us a deal at Ruff House/Columbia and the rest is history.

thaFormula.com - What happened to the stuff that you canned?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - It's probably on a cassette in a shoebox somewhere in my garage. There is a couple of songs that me and Duke recorded before. There was a song called "Trippin'" and just a lot of demos that we have that just never came out. It was just pretty much us experimenting and trying to find our own sound because like I said we don't wanna be compared to nobody. We worked real hard to establish our own little section in this whole Hip-Hop game.

thaFormula.com - Are those demos something you plan on putting out sometime?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - Nah, those are just sketches. You don't really wanna put out sketches, you wanna put out masterpieces.

thaFormula.com - How did you come up with the whole "Stone Garden" concept and did you ever think that it would become an L.A. underground classic?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - Nah, me and my brother were just in my living room and I was giving my brother 90-minute tapes full of beats. I would give him dozens and dozens of beats and he would just pick whichever ones he wanted and we would roll from there. Duke was mainly the concept guy and I was mainly more the producer. He would write his version of the story for the concept and I would write my side. But to think and look ahead and say "oh this is gonna be an underground classic or hit," nah. You just want to create and when something feels right it feels right.

thaFormula.com - So when you guys dropped the first Psycho album, were you happy with the results of how it all turned out?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - Yeah, we got no complaints brother. I mean, when we signed to Ruffhouse, Joe the Butcher over there you know he took good care of us. He put up a lot of his own money and believed in the project. He was behind the first Cypress record and all that. I mean he knew that it was an underground record but at that time a lot of the groups that were on Ruff House and Columbia already had radio singles. So that's when the transformation from street teams to payola and disc jockeys playing your song on the radio all day took place and a lot of these groups started saying "lets do an album but we are gonna have two singles" and that's the era where you had a dope album and then you had 2 corny songs that you had to skip. Those are the 2 singles that the label would request. So what we did is we recorded the album first and then went for the deal. So when they told us "oh we need singles," we were like "the album is done, we ain't going back and changing nothing cause its done." So they took it. Joe the Butcher didn't get any support from Columbia or Sony so the record did what it did. We thought if it got a street push it could have done a lot more, but you know we got worldwide promotion out of it and it was a good launch pad for us to start this independent journey that we took for the last ten years. We already had that worldwide exposure so it made it a lot easier for us.

thaFormula.com - Now later on you guys would do a "Stone Garden" remix produced by Pete Rock. How did that connection happen with Pete?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - The label wanted to do a remix. We really weren't into remixes but they were like "who would you guys wanna do one with?" We were like well we don't want anyone to really remix our music. Let's just do a new track or a B-Side. They said "nah, we wanna do a remix." So we named a couple of producers. The Rza was actually interested in doing a remix for "Love" from the Sickside and we wanted to roll with it but he was busy at the time doing something and we would have had to wait. So somebody at the label you know you got a lot of interns and a lot of dudes that run certain departments, they think they got all the answers. I guess they were a real big Pete Rock fan and they went and solicited him. They paid him a gang of money for a remix when we could have got a dope underground producer. Not to say nothing bad against Pete rock because I like a lot of his music. But that was more of the label then anything and we didn't really have nothing to do with getting Pete Rock to remix our joint.

thaFormula.com - So when it did happen Jack, what did you think of it?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - It was dope. I just think Pete Rock's sound doesn't really fit. Our whole sound and image is a little darker and Pete Rock is a little more jazzy.

thaFormula.com - Now I know at that time you guys never wanted any guest appearances on your music, what was the main reason for that?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - Just because an album is your ideas, its your creativity and I think at that time a lot of albums were becoming compilations 'cause every song featured somebody and we just felt that if you can't do a record on your own, what's the point? You might as well do a compilation. So that's the reason why B-real did the whole first album with us because he wanted to jump on a couple of tracks and we told him we didn't want no features and he was like "well I'm joining the group then." So that first album, he was a group member. After we left Ruffhouse, it was kind of hard because he was still under contract with them. He had a lot of work with the Cypress thing so he had to focus on that. So that's why when we went independent it came back to just me and Duke.

thaFormula.com - Now I know Bobo of Cypress was also a member of the group, how did he end up getting down with the group?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - Bobo would come around the studio sessions and play percussion and do all that. He was just there for the whole creative process of the first record. We took him on tour and we did everything with Bobo. Bobo is my brother. That dude and B-Real just came and added their magic to the record. Bobo is a lifetime member.

thaFormula.com - So after all this went down with the label, what happened from there with Sony?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - Well they didn't know what to do with a group like us. We were Mexican, we were from L.A. and we were doing hardcore Hip-Hop. So they were like, "where is the single at first of all and second of all how are we supposed to market these dudes? Are we supposed to throw them on channel 34 (Univision) or what are we supposed to do?" So there wasn't really any communication. We were new bodies so nobody really wanted to hear what me and Duke had to say. We felt that we just needed to be marketed with street teams on the street. Our fan base is on the street, go hit the streets. Don't do commercials on the radio, don't do ads on MTV. Do bus benches, do snipes and promote us on the street cause that's where our fan base is at. After that I think our record came out in November of '97 and we were off of the label in the summer of '98. It was that easy. We sent them a fax saying "please release us from the contract" and they signed off and faxed it right back and we were independent from there on.

thaFormula.com - As far as tour wise during that first album, did you guys get love no matter where in the country you went?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - Everywhere we went. It was just mad energy on stage and it just always got shot back by the crowd so it was always good man.

thaFormula.com - So when you decided to take it independent, how hard was it and did you guys know at the time what you were doing?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - Well right after we left the label, we pretty much just went into a local studio that was nothing fancy or major and we would just go to the studio. At that time Duke used to stay in my guest house so we would just be creating man and from there on we just went into the studio, recorded a gang of songs and just planned to put out a record on our own and experience that independent market. But before we put "War Story Book 1" out, my brother got shot. He didn't really get to do that whole thing with me, but he got shot and I kind of went through what I went through for a good 3 years. So "Book 1" we put it out and didn't really promote it, didn't really push it and somehow someway it just filtered out and it got out. I think we put that out in 2000 or 2001 and finally in 2003, Duke told me to snap out of it and we put out "Book 2" and then from then on with the help of Street Platoon we've just been touring and doing a lot of shows and just pushing records man. It was just pretty much realizing that the following was there and that we had a chance. Just pushing it through tours and shows, independent distributors, our own little marketing on-line or street campaigns or whatever we could do.

thaFormula.com - Did your brother getting shot affect you to the point where you wanted to give up the music?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - It affected me to the point where I wasn't really caring about anything. I was in my dark years. I was just lost in the bottle so I wasn't really doing too much. I put these records out and did a couple of shows here and there but I wasn't really doing too much.

thaFormula.com - I remember when your brother got shot man and that era in particular. Would you consider that era to be probably one of the most violent times in L.A.?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - The 90's definitely, the early 90's more so than the late, but things didn't really start calming down until after 2000. My brother just caught it at the tail end of that era.

thaFormula.com - That particular Tommy Burgers on Hollywood Blvd. was very dangerous for years, what do you think brought a lot of the violence there and surrounding areas in L.A. to a halt eventually?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - I don't know. You figure, a lot of the homies that were putting in work are either locked up or dead so it gets to a point where shit mellows out and dies out and then you got a lot of new kids that are trying to come up. I just think that this era ain't as hard as it was back then .

thaFormula.com - Watching how strong your brother stayed after the shooting and after the injury would you say that and his word to you had a huge impact on you getting back to the music full time after that break you took?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - Yeah, that's exactly what happened. It was him telling me that was pretty much what got me moving again. You know and then just me doing it again you know we loved doing this shit, so him snapping me out of it and me just doing this again you know the passion comes back and you just move forward.

thaFormula.com - So what exactly happened with the fan base with the release of "Book 1" and "Book 2" independently, did it just get bigger or did it kind of slow down a little bit and then rebuild back up?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - It gave us a stronger fan base and it gave us our own fan base as opposed to a fan base associated with Cypress. The first album still had B-Real on it so there was a lot of cypress fans and all that, so " Books 1 and 2" gave us our own fan base. People were liking us for us and that's really what we wanted to establish. Psycho Realm was Psycho Realm before B-Real joined the group. Not to take anything away from that because B-real fit like a hand and glove with the group. He blessed that first album. But really me and Duke just appreciated the fact that we were recognized for us and for doing what we do but B-Real was still featured on "Book 1" on "Show of Force."

thaFormula.com - How was it recording "Book 1" without the support of a big label and also not having that big studio to record in? Was it a big difference?

Sick Jacken Of Sick Symphonies/ Psycho Realm - Yeah, there is a difference. You know when your in a big studio you know its a different environment, its a different vibe, plus it was our first album, we were in the big studios, you got the big speakers, you could bang it and do all that so you know the creativity flows a little different. When we were in the smaller studio, it was a different environment, but it was till creative and good. You got a mic booth and all the tools you need to make a record. Its just a different environment, different energy, different vibe, but both of them are just as creative as you wanna get.

I AM THE WEST
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 28 апреля 2007, 23:05
  #2232 (ПС)
Q & A W/ Cynic Of sick symphonies & street platoon: the terror tapes pt. 2

thaFormula.com - How did you and Crow get started with the Street Platoon crew?

Cynic Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - The way we hooked up was through Jack and Duke. I've known Jack since I was like 9 years old. I met him like in '88 or '89. I met him in the hood in one of the community centers we used to have in Pico Union 'cause that's where we grew up. At the time I was really into Hip-Hop as a shorty and I was listening to Kool G Rap, Special Ed, NWA and Ice Cube and a lot of stuff that was coming from the east coast also. A few years later Cypress (Hill) came out and he was into that shit too so it was kind of a bond that Jack and me had right off the gate. 'Cause in the hood gangbangin' was more active then Hip-Hop was so when I was able to relate with somebody in the hood on some Hip-Hop shit, I was like "dope." So I would always bump into him throughout the years and I knew he had hooked up with Cypress so we kept in touch just through the streets. In about like '96 before his record came out, I seen him again and by then I was making beats on a DJ sampler and a 4-track. Just looping shit on a DJ sampler and sliding it down the 4-track and you know just trying to learn how to write. I was already rolling with a couple of other homies, but when I met them I actually started hanging out with Duke more, but not even on no music shit. It was just more like I was a little homie from the hood, we would go to the clubs, party and just chill out. Later on through my brother they found out that I was doing music 'cause I've never been the type of dude to be in nobodies face like "check me out I rap." I just always just played my role and shit so when they found out, they were like "yo let me hear some shit." So I played them some beats that I made and they were bugging out. It was some Hip-Hop shit and they didn't expect that from me. So they already knew Crow and Crow was you know working with Jack also showing him beats and shit like that and they were like, "you know what, let's just get these dudes together and let's see what happens." That's when they started recording "Book 1" and "Book 2." We were in the studio with them like everyday coming up with concepts together and shit like that. Crow actually produced a track on "War Story Book 1" and from there on we were just around. Then after what happened with Duke, me and Crow had recorded a lot of songs and through performing throughout all the Los Angeles area, we started getting a little following. So all the shit that we were doing at the shows, people would be like "yo, you guys got anything" and we would be like "man we don't have nothing." If that would have been now, that would have been a mix tape. It would have been like "here is the mix tape," but at the time, that really wasn't big. So we were like "alright these songs we have, lets just make a little record." Plus nothing had really came out since "Book 1." It was a while after we put out "Book 1," it took us at least 3 or 4 years to put out "Book 2." So in between there they already knew we had this whole Sick Symphonies thing going so it was like "man we've got to put something out." So we put out the Street Platoon record and you know we were just doing shows here in L.A. heavily trying to promote and that's how we got started.

thaFormula.com - So when you guys put out the "Steel Storm" LP, what were you trying to do with it and what were your hopes for the album?

Cynic Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - On some real shit, all we really wanted to do was establish ourselves as a group. 'Cause like I told you we were doing a lot of shows but we had nothing out and people knew that we had came out through Psycho Realm so they really didn't know what we sounded like because when they would just come see us live. Also just the fact that we were coming out through Psycho Realm they were already like "ah these dudes they sound like psycho realm or they are biting Psycho Realms shit," but we weren't though. Our voices are different and our beats are different. Their shit was always more of a concept album, with us it was more raw, just Hip-Hop. Not too concept based but just more about life and everything that came with it. So when we were recording songs, we were just trying to develop ourselves and get comfortable on the mic. So we really weren't expecting much, but to try and establish ourselves and for people to realize we were sounding different from Psycho Realm. We weren't expecting to put this out and blow up and be the next fucking group. But we did know that when people heard it, people would respect and realize that we weren't trying to do what Psycho Realm was doing and I think we got our point across pretty good.

thaFormula.com - So how was the reaction from the people when it dropped and did you get what you wanted out of it?

Cynic Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - Yeah it was good man. After that we got a bigger following. We started getting more people to come out to our shows. Even when we had nothing out, we would have like 100 people at our shows, which was pretty good. So then after we put out that record you know little by little we started doing more because the CD was starting to get bootlegged and it was getting to this city and that city. 'Cause when we put it out, we just put it out here in L.A. and we had a few outlets to like the Midwest and we had a few stores in Chicago that we would get it too. But like Europe and shit like that, we never got it out there but it got out there so then we started building this little following like that with word of mouth. So as we were doing that the following kept growing and Jack seen that shit and that's what got him kind of motivated him to get on stage 'cause he would come out to one of our shows and we had like 400 people. So it would be nice and crowded with people into it. He would get pumped up and we'd be like "yo fuck it, lets throw on 'Psycho City Blocks' and lets rock it" and that's how he got back into doing his shows and we were like "man we should just do a whole 'Psycho' set with Street Platoon, we will mix it up, help you out and do Duke's part and just keep it moving." So that's what we did man.

thaFormula.com - Is the Street Platoon thing something you guys planned to do on a constant basis or was that just a one-time thing?

Cynic Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - We weren't trying to put out one record and that's it. We wanted to put out a few records, but sometimes life gets in the way as far as like people having to work and family. To really dedicate yourself to this is hard 'cause if you don't put your all into one thing it's never gonna progress. If you put in 3 hours a day then that's how its gonna move. A lot of that got in the way as far as having to work so we were never able to complete a whole new record. Beats and concepts weren't a problem 'cause those were there. The problem was actually sitting together and getting it done. We recorded a bunch of songs, but like I said it was never another complete record. Right now we are still sitting on a gang of beats and concepts and shit but hopefully we will get to it soon.

thaFormula.com - What will the next Street Platoon album be like compared to the first?

Cynic Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - Pretty much on this new Street Platoon record, I think I'ma take full responsibility of the rappin' mostly and he's gonna help me produce the record. Its gonna be produced by both of us, but I think I'm gonna be doing most of the rapping on the new record.

thaFormula.com - What was the main reason behind you and Jack doing "The Terror Tapes?"

Cynic Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - A lot of people don't know that me and Jack are real cool and shit, besides this rap shit. We get along and talk everyday. We also had done a lot of songs together like shit that never got out. Me and him kind of write the same way. We are into writing quick where Crow and Duke are more similar in that they wrote by pieces and took their time a little more. They were more concept based. So me and Jack, when we would do songs together we would be the first ones to be done and drop. So we were kicking it everyday at the Drug Lab just working on beats and he was like, "I wanna put out a mix tape" and I was feeling the same way and was like "so do I." So we were like "fuck it lets just do it together and we will be done with this shit in no time" and that's exactly what happened. We got it done in a month and the fact that the Crow thing happened to happen at the same time, it was just timing.

thaFormula.com - It came out really dope for a mix tape, were you guys surprised at how good it came out?

Cynic Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - Yeah, a lot of people would always say "oh they are cool but we don't like their beats" or whatever excuse they would always give for not feeling us. So we were like, "you know we could rip it, let's not do to many concepts and just do some MC shit" and we picked some beats that we liked and rhymed over other people's shit that's known but not known. So when we did that, I think that's when people were open cause they were like "yo you are rippin' it to this beat and that beat, I've heard that original song and you guys murdered it or that shit sounds better then the original song." So I think that definitely lured people in and they got more open to our shit and seen where we come from. The DJ FM one (mix tape) too because it's what a mix tape should be as far as the DJ's point of view. I like what FM did as far as blending and actually mixing the whole record together. I'm definitely proud of both projects. "The Terror Tapes" I knew were gonna be good, but I didn't know how good it really was until the end. After we heard all the songs together, we were like "this is actually pretty dope." I think Jack murdered it. He really showed what he could do as far as on an MC level. He showed that he could hang with any other rapper so I'm proud of that project.

thaFormula.com - So what's going on with you right now as far upcoming projects you might be working on?

Cynic Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - Right now I'm supporting Jack on this Muggs record that they are featuring me on. I'm really helping them on that just giving them brotherly support and just helping them throw verses here and hooks and shit like that and man just hopefully get into the Street Platoon record and continue working with Jack on the Spanish record and whatever future projects we got coming through here. I just produced some shit for Ill Bill's record. I did a few songs for the La Coka Nostra shit and I'm sure one or two might make it. I'm just trying to stay busy and get out there as a producer too.

thaFormula.com - With the way you guys have been growing lately, what happens when a huge commercial artist approaches you guys about working together? How do you approach that when it's an artist that you know your fans might not like?

Cynic Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - The way we think, we know better then to jeopardize our shit like that. We wouldn't disrespect someone and be like "fuck off." We would tell them fuck off in a nice way. We know what we should do and what we shouldn't do and that's a situation that we have been faced with before. Either Jack or I have. But its just like man we worked so hard to build what we built with Psycho Realm and Street Platoon's cult following, to jeopardize that and take a gamble on some shit that we don't know we are gonna succeed with. You know like following the formula and doing what everybody else is doing and you know jumping into that shit. What about if that doesn't work for us? If we try to fall back on our fans, our fans are gonna be gone like "fuck them dudes." They are gonna move on to the next person they feel that they can relate too. So we know better then to take that gamble. Like I said we work hard and we're comfortable with what we got and we know that it's growing so I don't think that we would take a step in that direction. Trust me man, this is shit that we talk about all the time that we know not to do. No disrespect to anyone. Maybe if they wanna come do some shit like we do and if they can flip it and sound good then we're down, but for us to go out of our circle to do some whole different shit, nah. I mean we set goals for ourselves but I don't kill myself everyday about it. I let the shit flow naturally. I mean we wanna be to the point like on some Rolling Stones shit to where we are 40 or 50 years old and still performing in front of thousands of people and doing what the fuck we do. Just never changing and to continue that following I think we just have to do what we have always done which is doing music for ourselves and making music we wanna hear.

I AM THE WEST
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 28 апреля 2007, 23:08
  #2233 (ПС)
Q & A W/ DJ FM Of sick symphonies/Psycho Realm: The Street Mixes pt. 4

thaFormula.com - So when did you get into DJ'ing?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - I picked up a turntable when I was 12 years old and by the time I was 13 I tried out for my first club and I got the gig. By the time I was 15 I landed a job on the radio in Miami where I grew up. This is basically all in Miami. I was born in New Jersey and raised in Miami. I'm of Cuban descent. I basically met the boys from the (Cypress) Hill in Miami. Mellow Man Ace, B-Real, I met them cats a while back before they started doing big things and they kind of introduced me to the West Coast so when I came out here it was an instant love. I had chemistry with all these brothers so it was just inevitable you know.

thaFormula.com - So when did you come out to L.A.?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - The first time I came out to L.A. was I think 1990 and I think the only one who had something out was Mellow Man Ace and I was just barely learning about the music biz, borrowing drum machines from friends to just try to learn how to make beats, but I didn't really know what I was doing back then. I was just a DJ full time. I actually landed a job in L.A. on KJLH doing a one-hour mix show.

thaFormula.com - When they (KJLH) used to play Hip-Hop right?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - Yeah, when they used to play Hip-Hop. It was dope because right before me was Michael "Mixin" Moore. He used to throw down all these militant messages in between his mixes. It was really, really dope man.

thaFormula.com - So what did you do from there?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - I was kind of back and forth between the East and West Coasts for a little while. Just trying to DJ as much as I could to get my name out as a DJ. Cypress was already doing their thing and I got to ride along a little bit and learn along the way but basically it wasn't 'til I think about '95 or '96 that I came back out and met Jack(en) and Duke. In those days B-Real was just getting started with Psycho Realm and he introduced me to the boys and they hit me up to go on the road and that's when that started.

thaFormula.com - What do you consider your first official track production wise?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - The first thing I see myself respectively as getting out there as my beat was the song that I did with Sen Dog for a movie called "The Fast and the Furious." It was called "Brother with a Badge" and it was Sen and a couple of his boys rhyming to it. He hit me up to do the beat and I did the beat and it got on there and I got to see it in the movie and I felt like "wow, okay I got something on there and my name is well credited on it." Before that I had worked on other stuff and not been given credit so I wont even mention it, but that's just part of the game, you live and you learn. But my first chance at production with our group was really with the "Sickside Stories" album.

thaFormula.com - So you had no involvement at all with the first Psycho Realm album?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - Not at all, as a matter of fact the first album was already recorded when I started DJ'ing with them.

thaFormula.com - Now you guys have a huge underground following in L.A. no doubt, but why do you think you guys have had a hard time breaking through in other parts of the country?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - There are several stereotypes. For one, we are Hispanic and two we are from the West Coast. So people expect something from either one of those two perspectives and we're doing neither one. We are but we are not doing it so obviously. I think our music is universal. I think if you understand the streets, you will understand us. I don't care if its Baghdad or downtown L.A., once people learn that they start to think "okay I can relate to this," but before that if they're just looking at the album cover or they are judging it because they heard we are Hispanic, then obviously there is that obstacle for us. I don't think its that much of a problem for us anymore, I think people are actually starting to learn like "wow these dudes got beats and rhymes and you just got to give them respect." I'm really feeling that this year.

thaFormula.com - Yeah because it seemed like for the past few years before that many people had basically labeled you "Chicano rap" when you guys were more on that grimy pure Hip-Hop vibe?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - Yeah, and not that we mind man because really we are all Latino, but I do hate being categorized period. If you got a Hip-Hop section throw us in there and that's it, that's all it should be, but what are you gonna do? I think we've done proved ourselves in the industry and we are beyond that point. I can't really explain why it was there for a minute but I do know what you're talking about.

thaFormula.com - Yeah, because when people would talk about Hip-Hop acts in the underground, you guys would rarely get mentioned and even now people still don't recognize what you guys have done?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - I'll tell you what, I will give you a prime example of that. The Source magazine shows up at Unity (Festival in Los Angeles) last year and takes pictures of everybody that performed and if you look at the crowd you see almost everybody rocking Psycho Realm shirts, at least the majority of the crowd. Our crowd I think was abundantly in the house that night, overwhelmingly outnumbering everything else. Now I ain't trying to say The Source should give us all the damn cover, but at least say that we pulled a decent crowd or we showed that we have a following or something. Man, they didn't even put our picture in The Source when they advertised Unity. They put a picture of all the fans, you see them throwing up all the shirts and the gas mask everywhere but there is only like one mention of our name like we were just there. And I felt like Unity was pretty much ours to tell you the truth. But that is a prime example that people pick and choose, like they go their favorites and they help who they want and it is a game of politics with this music shit, but what can you do but make good music for those people that really love you and that's all that matters dog. Who cares what these people say.

thaFormula.com - So what finally made you get down on the production on "Sick Symphonies?"

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - I just felt it was the right time and definitely it was the right project because at that point Street Platoon and Psycho Realm had become "Sick Symphonies." You have to understand that when Duke wasn't around, those two groups kind of merged subconsciously so to speak and that was just the perfect platform for everyone to step up and throw in what they wanted to contribute, and we all threw in what we felt was needed and that was really cool. Before that Psycho Realm was just known as Jack's beats and Dukes concepts mixed with jacks concepts and so on. My beats I think are a little bit even darker than the old stuff so it might not have it. I think now was just the right time for me.

thaFormula.com - Now you guys formed a production company called "The Drug Lab," how did you guys go about forming that?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - I think it just came from the fact that all four of us can make beats. Everybody in the group makes dope beats so we were like "we are a production team as well." We got to come up wit a name for it and we approached it professionally and are trying to get beats out there and so came the name "The Drug Lab" and that was also the name of the recording studio that we had at the time.

thaFormula.com - So you are dropping the "Street Mixes" this week, what exactly is the project about?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - The "Street Mixes" is basically a mix tape man. I hate to call it that because the concept of a mix tape today is really nothing like what it was. What I remember a mix tape being back in the day was a cassette of a DJ blending records together. They were blended together, and they were scratched together. It's changed a lot and they sound more like albums now and I wanted to really mix mine and literally blend the songs, if not all of them a big majority of them so the sound is continuous and almost like a real soundtrack. The idea for it came up when we had a meeting for "Sickside Stories" and said "what is the next move?" That's when Jack started thinking of "The Terror Tapes" and I decided to do the "Street Mixes." With "The Terror Tapes" you're looking at it from an MC perspective, its Sick Jacken and Cynic. The "Street Mixes" is coming from the DJ perspective, really blended together and mashed up like a mix tape should. I don't talk much unless I'm on stage so I don't say one thing on this thing unless you hear me on a song. I'm not one of those DJ's yelling or none of that. It's just a real continuous vibe where you just wanna throw it on and let it go.

thaFormula.com - Was something like this harder to put together then you thought it would be?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - It was really hard man, just because I'm a perfectionist. I did tons of subliminal shit on this album. There are these crazy movie clips I'm scratching in between and all over the songs, and there are things going on underneath the vocals that are being said and that's not even giving it all away. There is a huge part of this thing that I can't even mention and I want to so bad. It was a lot of work. I think the hardest thing to do for me was scheduling the studio time and getting these artists in there. Trying to get everybody together to do a song is kind of tough, but other then that man it was definitely an adventure. It took me like almost 8 months to finish it and when you hear it you will understand why. Also, if the puzzle unravels itself you will actually be able to watch it, not just hear it.

thaFormula.com - Hmmm. Sounds like a "Wizard of Oz" and Pink Floyd type of puzzle, but I guess the Psycho Realm fans are gonna have to figure that one out. So what was the first track you did for "The Street Mixes"?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - The first track I did was "Apocalypse Now" and it features Sick Jacken, Ill Bill, and Q-Unique. I did the beat.

thaFormula.com - What did you do after that track?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - From that track, I stuffed this thing in my Pro Tools and I started thinking of concepts. I actually wanted to keep the album with a concept. The concept is basically "war" and the "Apocalypse Now" theory. The artwork is based on "Apocalypse Now." When you see it, it looks like the damn DVD cover so I'm trying to give that impression and I think 99 percent of the material is that, except for one particular song with Evidence and Alchemist which is just like a freestyle session.

thaFormula.com - So is every track on there original beats?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - Not at all. It's a good mix of both. I have original beats, original verses, and there is a couple of mix tape type joints where we are using other peoples beats. There are some remixes where I took old acapellas from the first and second Psycho Realm album and I made my own beat to it and remixed it. So that's the cool thing about this is that you actually get to hear Duke on it as well.

thaFormula.com - So what is your whole guest lineup for "Street Mixes?"

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - Well, like I said, Ill Bill, Q-Unique, also Killah Priest, an unreleased Street Platoon joint, and I got B-real on it as well.

thaFormula.com - Production wise man, who did the beats on this other then yourself?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - Other then myself, Jack has a song on here. It's called "Kings in the Game" and it's actually a song with him and B-Real that Jack produced for a movie called "Infamy" which is a graffiti documentary. Also Cynic produced the Street Platoon track on here. Also I did a remix to one of Ill Bill's tracks called "Overkill" which he's on and then Jack did a verse as well.

thaFormula.com - Now what's the deal with the new version of "C.I.A. Murdered Me" that has been going around lately?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - That actually came out first on "The Terror Tapes" with Sick Jacken, Cynic, and Chace (Infinite) of Self Scientific. But for my album, I got a verse from Immortal Technique as well so I added that to the end of the song and posted it as a bonus track on my CD. It actually was supposed to go on "The Terror Tapes" but we got it a little late. We put out "The Terror Tapes" really quick man and by the time Immortal sent the track, the CD was already out. Immortal is a busy dude and we just couldn't meet on that deadline, but it all happens for a reason and now it's just a dope ass bonus track for the "Street Mixes." It's already out on the Internet and people are flippin'.

thaFormula.com - Now over the past few years your fan base has really changed in where before it was a lot of OG's up in the mix to where now you guys have so many more straight Hip-Hop kids at your shows, why do you think your crowd has changed so much?

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - I don't think anybody has left. I personally still see those same gangstas at our shows, but I see more of a mixed crowd now. I'm seeing other cultures and almost like other genres. Like there is kids that don't even listen to Hip-Hop. All they listen to is rock and they will still come to our shows. They want that intensity and that power from the stage. That mosh pit, and crowd surfing chaotic shit. So its grown I think because of the music and the shows and I'm not complaining about it, trust me. It just seems like instead of us losing fans, we just keep adding more and adding more and this army is just growing man and the faces are all mixed up now because they are not one race. It's beautiful to see that and no fighting or nothing. We may clash in the pit, but we ain't really clashing like that. To got to downtown L.A. and see that and then jump on a plane and go to Greece and see that look in the front row and see girls and guys all tatted up with the gas mask and thousands of kids waiting in line in Greece, in Spain and in Italy is amazing.

thaFormula.com - You guys have one of the best L.A. underground fan bases I have seen in a while…

DJ FM Of Psycho Realm - I remember on our first official Psycho Realm tour, we were touring with Insane Clown Posse. I remember sitting on the back of that tour bus with Jack, Duke and myself just thinking of the future and all of us agreeing that we liked the fact that ICP had a cult following. They weren't on the radio these guys, they weren't behind a big time marketing machine or whatnot, but they had a huge fan base and they lived well off of doing what they loved for a living and that to me was a dream come true and we all agreed that that's what we wanted at that point. We don't need radio, we don't need Sony, we don't need none of that. All we need is the streets!

I AM THE WEST
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 28 апреля 2007, 23:13
  #2234 (ПС)
Q & A W/ ill bill Of La Coka Nostra: The Cult Leader

ThaFormula.com - What's been going on with you man?

Ill Bill - I just got back from the studio and did a joint with Styles P. Once I get back, I'm gonna jump in the studio with M.O.P. and do something for their new record. I want to get M.O.P. on the La Coka Nostra album also so that's what's up.

ThaFormula.com - The last time we spoke was when you guys had just dropped the Non-Phixion "Green Album" so first lets get into the Non-Phixion thing man. Looking back at the breakup now, do you still think that was the best thing to do as far as the group was concerned and how did the "Green Album" do for you guys?

Ill Bill - Yeah it really ran its course and its something that we all agreed on. The "Green Album" with the DVD did dope. We sold a lot of them and it was kind of like a good way to wrap it up thinking about it if we weren't gonna make an album. Just the chemistry wasn't there to do what we did with "The Future is Now." So to me we left on a high note with the "Green Album" because that explained everything about Non-Phixion. That was the history of Non-Phixion, you got to see a lot of live footage going back to when we first started and it was like a two and a half hour DVD that was like a Behind the Music on Non-Phixion up to that point. We might actually put out another one because there is some stuff that we left off of the first one. I don't know about a DVD, but definitely a "Green Album Vol. 2." We could probably do a Vol. 2 and a Vol. 3. There is a lot of stuff that never came out on CD. Like besides some freestyles and demos, there is just a lot of records. We put out probably like 14 singles before we even dropped the album and 2 or 3 songs per single, so we dropped an albums worth of material before we even put out "The Future is Now".

ThaFormula.com - You know the first Non-Phixion album was a very successful album, I would think that you guys would be itching to go back in the studio and work on the next album after the success of the first...

Ill Bill - Success can also create problems and it's not something that's unique to our situation if you just look at our musical history. If The Police and The Beatles can break up, why are you surprised that Non-Phixion broke up?

ThaFormula.com - It just seemed like you guys were like brothers so it was a little surprising to me?

Ill Bill - And you know what, sometimes that's why shit goes down the way it does because when someone fucks up, its even deeper.

ThaFormula.com - So would you say that Non-Phixion will never happen again?

Ill Bill - You know I say never say never, but really it's not anything that any of us are interested in doing and I talk to Sabac almost everyday. I speak to Eclipse several times a day.

ThaFormula.com - Some people say why not do another album without Goretex or with a new member…

Ill Bill - First of all it would be disrespectful to the fans, because from a point of view of strictly music on its own, what everybody did including Goretex was classic to me. People could call it whatever they want, but in my eyes "The Future is Now" is a classic album. The way the group was at the point that we broke up, we wasn't making a classic album. It just wasn't gonna happen. My attitude is and I relate to Busta Rhymes when he first dropped his first solo album and he was like "if I cant be part of the best, I'ma have to be the best on my own" and I damn well know that I can stand on my own two and I can be responsible for myself, but when it comes to the music side of things, I have never taken any shorts with that. Everybody makes mistakes and I have made mistakes and learned from them, but at the end of the day, I'm not gonna make excuses for other people and really sit on a sinking ship when I know that I can accomplish way more on my own. At the same time it isn't about me wanting to have a solo career and being on the solo tip because you see I can't escape being in a group. It's like I'm already in a new group. I like being in a group. The thing is I have come to the realization and it comes with maturity, that I'm not gonna put up with no bullshit. Life is too short and really when you're in a group with somebody, it goes beyond just making music with them. With more success it becomes more intertwined with your personal life and someone else's personal decisions whether positive or negative are gonna affect you no matter how positive you are in yourself. Really what all of us found out in dealing with Goretex is just he's living his life negative. That negative shit, I just cant be around that no more. I put up with it, I dealt with it for a long time, but its like I'm not gonna have dead weight dragging me down. Everybody has to be moving, there has to be synergy for shit to work. All the wheels have to be turning. For a machine to work all the gears have to be moving and if you have 4 gears and one out of the four ain't moving after 5 years, its a wrap. 'Cause this wasn't an overnight decision. Shit was fucking up and the situation got worse and worse year after year. This is going back really truthfully, this shit was poppin' during the time we were recording "The Future is Now." There were situations where muthafuckas just couldn't carry their weight and when I say muthafuckas, I'm talking about one person and you know who I'm talking about.

ThaFormula.com - When we last spoke it seemed like you were really trying to push the whole Uncle Howie label. You dropped the sampler and all that, but then it just seemed like you just stopped pushing it after a while, what happened with that?

Ill Bill - What happened was that my solo record came out on Psychological, so I really picked up the Psychological banner at that point and was waving that flag. At that time we put out the "Green Album" and it really wasn't meant to be a full on release. At the same time I was working on the Q-Unique record and we put that out and I really loved that album and me and Q really worked hard on putting that album together and it did cool. It definitely opened a lot of doors for Q. It allowed him to create his own lane. A lot of people really didn't wanna hear him as a solo artist. Whenever he tried to get it poppin' as a solo artist people were constantly asking him when are the Arsonists were getting back together. So this album allowed him to brand himself and stamp his name on the game. That to me is a huge success for Uncle Howie and shout out to Eclipse because that's who I work with day to day. Really, I did kind of fall back in trying to put out a million artists and even though I did aspire to do that at different points, if you really look at Uncle Howie its really been a means of putting my own music out. Whether it's Non-Phixion or my mix tapes. I put out "Ill Bill is the Future Vol. 1" and I just dropped "Ill Bill is the Future Vol. 2" actually on Uncle Howie. Anything I do is gonna have the Uncle Howie logo on it. I'm just not running around trying to sign 100 acts and you know to me its quality over quantity. That's always what I have done. I have always been laying down my foundation so it's solid. I have always been paving my own road and creating my own lane and I'm continuing that with La Coka Nostra. You will always see that Uncle Howie logo with everything that I do. So when the La Coka Nostra record comes out, you might see Lethal's logo on it, you might see a bunch of different logos, but you will see that Uncle Howie logo the same way as you will see it on the next solo record that I put out, where its going through Warner Brothers, but as far as marketing I'm not relying on Warner Brothers. That's coming from me and eclipse and right there that's Uncle Howie. Truth of the matter is, as little as we put out, we have always made a mark with what we have done like when we put out Immortal Techniques first 2 singles when nobody was trying to hear Immortal Technique, we put out his records.

ThaFormula.com - Speaking of that, what made you decide to put that out at a time when no one was trying to take a chance on Immortal?

Ill Bill - Yeah, he basically went to every vinyl distributor in the business and basically got turned down and when I found out about that, I bugged out. To me that shit was ridiculous. The reason why I put Tech's record out was because he's dope and I didn't agree with the fact that people wouldn't put it out. It didn't make sense to me. To me its like his shit is too extreme for some people and when I say some people I'm talking about the people that he presented his shit to. They just couldn't handle it. To me that's my lane right there so that's why it was like "hell yeah this shit is dope." That's really what I have always done and that's why it doesn't matter how many records I put out. Uncle Howie is always looked at as official. I probably sell more Uncle Howie t-shirts and merchandise then I do CD's and that's because people relate to where I'm coming from 'cause everybody has an Uncle Howie. It could be a cousin or it could be a different name. I had a meeting with the president of Loud a few years ago right before Loud closed the first time and he bugged out cause he's got an Uncle Howie that's on drugs so its like everybody has got an Uncle Howie and a lot of people relate to the idea of taking a negative and turning it into something positive. I know a lot of people might hear our music and focus on the dark side of what were doing and where were coming from but really its really us trying to fight our way through the darkness to get to the light.

ThaFormula.com - So when you dropped your first solo album, what were your expectations and did you think that you might also get caught up in a Q-Unique type of situation where people wanna hear Non-Phixion and not really accept a solo album?

Ill Bill - Nah I didn't really face that at the time because you know the Non-Phixion record "The Future is Now" had only came out like 2 years prior to that. The Future is now was still kind of new and then we dropped the "Green DVD" plus a CD with like 30 unreleased tracks. So when my solo album came out, people were shocked that all 3 MC's of Non-Phixion dropped solo records all within a 6-month period. Mine came in May, Sabac's in June, and Goretex in October. So people were surprised about that and really looking back at it, if we wouldn't have done those solo records, maybe we would have done another Non-Phixion record, you never know.

ThaFormula.com - So what kind of doors did your solo album open up for you?

Ill Bill - It had people looking at me as a solo artist for the first time. It wasn't something I was looking for but it definitely shaped into what's going on for me right now and it's a good thing because I was still trying to do the Non-Phixion thing when that record dropped. The album did dope though. The distribution situation could have been better, but the record itself with that in mind, it did pretty good.

ThaFormula.com - Now earlier you mentioned to me that sometimes you sell more of your merchandise then actual CD's. It seems like that has happened with a lot of people now especially with the downloading situation. Was there a certain point in your career when you made an adjustment for that?

Ill Bill - Yeah, I definitely have been focusing more on it in the past few years. I have always been into merchandise and I always watched Cypress Hill and House of Pain and how they popped it off back in the early 90's. They came with really dope graphics and it always reminded me of the heavy metal rock bands that were doing it and that's something that I have always wanted to focus on. But we didn't have the fan base lets say 10 years ago to fully capitalize on it, where as now we do. Especially the La Coka Nostra merchandise is off the hook. It's crazy.

ThaFormula.com - I'm really impressed with what you guys have done with the La Coka Nostra stuff without an album or single out. It's almost similar to the Non-Phixion stuff?

Ill Bill - What's real crazy about it is that a lot of it is also timing in the way that Myspace popped off. Myspace is a huge part of how La Coka Nostra has been popping off and that was a major force in the equation and its just crazy how many t-shirts and hoodies we are selling strictly off of Myspace traffic. We haven't put out any releases advertising it like that. I put a little link in my new mix tape that I dropped a month ago, but for the most part I would say the traffic is coming from the Myspace page. That's the only place you can really go to link to our store. We are at the point where we are doing in the double digits every month and that's crazy with no record out. I would like to see who is fucking with us right now.

ThaFormula.com - It's a really a big thing for certain people to see a member of Non-Phixion in a group with members of House of Pain and Limp Bizkit…

Ill Bill - Yeah its crazy and what's crazy about it is that it wasn't something that we preconceived. It just happened and that's usually how good shit pops off. I've only heard about shit like that happening. I have never been involved in anything like this until now.

ThaFormula.com - So what are you guys actually gonna do with the La Coka Nostra album?

Ill Bill - We got mad shit right now and we are not even done. We are about to go in the studio with Alchemist, Evidence has got some brand new shit for us, Fred Wreck has some heat for us. Snoop is about to jump on a track, Bun B is about to jump on a track. Lethal did like 90 percent of the records. Basically from like 30 joints that we have, he's probably done like 25 of them. Muggs did 2, I did 1, Cynic did 1, Jacken did 1 and Q did 1. So probably like 24 out of 30 Lethal did. My brothers gonna do some shit, we just did a beat for him. So we are just recording right now and at the same time we are talking to a bunch of different labels figuring out where we are putting it out through. We got label interest and distribution interest cause we don't really wanna sign to a label. We want to do it the right way. We don't wanna make a dollar an album. We don't have to at this point. So you know what it is, we are just figuring out where we gonna put it out through and that's really the delay. Immortal is jumping on a track too so we need a little more time to finish. Realistically its probably gonna come out like January or February 2008. We wanted to drop it this year but its like we gotta finish it. We got like 2 albums worth of shit. We were gonna do a mix tape and rap on a bunch of old Cypress and House of Pain tracks but it was like people want the album. That's the first thing we gotta drop. After we drop the album, we could drop 100 mix tapes. Its like really fuck the mix tape shit. For La Coka Nostra the first thing we got to put out is the album, but we are gonna leak a bunch of songs over the next few months. We are gonna start leaking shit.

ThaFormula.com - It's crazy how things are crumbling for the majors and rising for the Indies right now…

Ill Bill - Yeah, it's crazy. Look at the times. Look how Psycho Realm is rising. The whole Sick Symphonies, the whole shit is like now people are like oh shit! People like us know that they haven't went anywhere, but there is a whole section of people that either never heard of them before or are like where the fuck have those guys been in the last ten years and now they are about to assault everybody this next 2 years.

ThaFormula.com - It sounds like the next couple of years we are gonna see a lot of good music coming out?

Ill Bill - This next like 2 years between us, between Q-Unique, Tech and you know Q just hooked up with Korn so Q-Unique is putting out his next record with them dudes.

I AM THE WEST
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 28 апреля 2007, 23:15
  #2235 (ПС)
Q & A W/ Crow soto of sick symphonies & street platoon's: undead Pt. 3

thaFormula.com - First off, a lot of your fans been wondering where you've been Crow?

Crow Soto Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - I just took some time out to take care of some family stuff and also I was trying to get back in school to finish up some classes so I told the guys I'm just gonna take a break for a little bit and work on some music. I started working on the music side on the Street Platoon album. The guys were gonna continue doing what they were doing and I was just gonna take a little break and put more time into some schooling, some family and making the beats for the Street Platoon album.

thaFormula.com - How did the whole Street Platoon group come about for you?

Crow Soto Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - I was going to school with these dudes that were doing music. They formed into a group called Global City and they knew Jack and Duke from the neighborhood they lived in and they invited me to go hang out with them and we were just trying to do music and Jack and Duke were starting to take off doing shows and stuff like that. So we would just be at the shows and with time a couple of years passed and Jack and Duke got signed with Sony and they knew Cynic from the streets as well and they introduced us both. What they seen was that they had two young guys underneath them and we were probably doing our solo things and they said "you guys should just hook up and maybe do a song together and see what happens "and we ended up just kind of forming a group and Duke gave us the name Street Platoon and we just ran with it.

thaFormula.com - So what did you originally want to do with the music?

Crow Soto Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - The way I saw it doing music and what interested me was how people could just lose their minds and all that type of stuff and you know jus the human nature of people in how we are and the things that we fear. All that type of stuff is what I try to write about and we work well together because Cynic is just straight Hip-Hop. I love Hip-Hop too cause that's what I came up on but I find influence in like psychedelic music or progressive music or things like that so I try to use that element of what I like and he mixes what he likes and we just try to mix it together to create our sound.

thaFormula.com - What made you get into the production side of things?

Crow Soto Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - I started as a DJ like for a couple of years and I was like "this is cool," but I started getting real curious about how to make music so I bought myself a keyboard. My first keyboard was an ASR-10 and I just started to try and learn how to make a beat and went from there and I just kind of got into the production at the same time that I was rhyming. So it all just kind of came together.

thaFormula.com - So when you guys came together to record were you surprised at the chemistry?

Crow Soto Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - I wasn't surprised by it because after the first song we recorded we decided "let's become a group" and from there on it was just almost like an everyday thing where we would be together working and we had the same goal of just putting this music out. We would talk to Jack and Duke and we understood that the mission was to put out quality music that had a message to it about all types of life. So together we just grew all as brothers.

thaFormula.com - Now over the past few years, Sick Symphonies has built a huge underground following yet you guys are extremely slept on by the media. Like how The Source magazine put a picture of everyone at the Unity festival but you guys, why do you think that is?

Crow Soto Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - I think people judge us by how we look and if you look at our fan base, a lot of us look like street kids or street people. But I don't think too many people take the time to listen to what we're talking about and listen to lyrics and the music. The quality of the beats is up there with anything else. I think the lyrics and what we are talking about is pretty different. I was listening to "Mind of a Martyr" and just that concept to talk about the perspective of taking the mind of a terrorist, I don't think anybody else talks about ideas like that. So I just think people don't listen really. They just kind of look at what kind of fans we have and look at that and I think a lot of people don't think that they are welcomed into it, but everybody is welcomed to listen to our music and be part of what were talking about. But I think people look at us like it's not their type of music because the majority of our fans are Latino and to me it's just Hip-Hop and it's always been Hip-Hop. Every time it's always, "so, you guys do Latino Hip-Hop..." We don't do Latino Hip-Hop, we just do Hip-Hop and we've always done just Hip-Hop.

thaFormula.com - I remember speaking to you a while ago and how you guys really wanted to cross over to the "Hip-Hop" crowd more as far as being respected on that level. How does it feel to finally have done that?

Crow Soto Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - I wasn't at Unity but I wanted to be there. Unity though was one of the biggest things that had an influence on me growing up in L.A. I was at the Unity's as a kid in LA. I seen Biggie perform at the OG Unity. I seen Wu-Tang, Jeru and all these groups performing Unity. So when it came that we were gonna be performing at Unity, to me it was just like we finally reached somewhere that I thought that we always should have been at. So Unity was a big thing for me.

thaFormula.com - How did you feel about the Sick Symphonies project and were you happy with how it did?

Crow Soto Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - You know L.A. is our best market, but outside of the United States is probably our second best market. It's either Europe, Japan, Mexico, or South America. I think the rest of the United States is just a strange thing to us 'cause I think it's still uh, we are underground and that's just how it is, but I don't think that the rest of the country has really paid attention to what we are doing music wise. I think we just gotta keep working and it will just continue to grow.

thaFormula.com - So the next Street Platoon album is coming right?

Crow Soto Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - Yeah, we are working on an album right now. Cynic is working with Jack on the Muggs album and they are gonna finish that up and then we are gonna put out another Street Platoon album probably this year.

thaFormula.com - And what about Sick Symphonies, what is the status of that?

Crow Soto Of Sick Symphonies/Street Platoon - We were just talking about that. We are seeing if we can put another album together next year.

Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 28 апреля 2007, 23:50
  #2236 (ПС)
-
-Цитата от KrossTie Посмотреть сообщение
МонахШа
а ты правда не понял, что это юмор?
Я то понял, но отвечать на такие «шутки-юмора» шутками я считаю не целесообразным в данной ситуации, а то так «шутить» можно до бесконечности, что меня лично не устраивает.
Лучше один раз ответить серьёзно и поставить жирную точку в этом потоке непрекращающихся «шуток».

Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 28 апреля 2007, 23:55
  #2237 (ПС)
-
-Цитата от sickdog Посмотреть сообщение
а чё вы с акпелой делаете? типо на свои бит ложите или ак прётесь?
Нет просто слушаем без каких либо своих нововведений.
Приятно слушать считку B-Real(а) без музыки и битов. Возникает ощущение того, что находишься в пустой комнате и вдруг эта давящая тишина начинает просто взрываться от мощного неповторимого речитатива.
Интересно было бы так же услышать акапэллу от Big Duke(а), так как его считка - МОЩЬ, это так же неповторимо, она всегда действовала на меня отрезвляюще, но так как из-за несчастья он давно ничего не записывал приятно всегда найти что-нибудь «старое-новое» из его рэппертуара и окунуться в то, что называется «непередаваемыми ощущениями».
-
биф уже очень давно замят...
Ничего про это не читал. Как замялся биф? Ice Cube признал свою вину?

Последний раз редактировалось МонахШа, 29 апреля 2007 в 00:01.
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 28 апреля 2007, 23:57
  #2238 (ПС)
СпасиБо за помощь Бро. За Back то же СпасиБо, хороший дизайн мне понравился, смотрится отлично, Underground.
P.S. А Front(а) случайно нет?

Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 29 апреля 2007, 00:00
  #2239 (ПС)
EVERLAST – «Broken» (Single) (2004)

01 Broken (Radio Edit)
02 Broken (Album Version)
03 Broken (Call Out Hook)

http://www.ifolder.ru/1823218

Пароль: Jahmbull

Фотографии:
(36.1 Кбайт / 44 просм.)

I AM THE WEST
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 29 апреля 2007, 00:26
  #2240 (ПС)
-Цитата от МонахШа Посмотреть сообщение
Ничего про это не читал. Как замялся биф? Ice Cube признал свою вину?
да,сели пивка вместе выпили да замяли... на ютубе есть видео про это.. из фильма биф 2 вроде.

-Цитата от МонахШа Посмотреть сообщение
P.S. А Front(а) случайно нет??
атсканю потом если незабуду.

читаем интерьвю и делимся мыслями...

терь ясно куда кроу делся распиздяй. 10 класов решил закончить...

Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 29 апреля 2007, 00:40
  #2241 (ПС)
Everlast – «White Trash Beautiful» (Single) (2004)

01 White Trash Beautiful
02 White Trash Beautiful (Live)
03 This Kind Of Lonely (Live)

http://thug.ifolder.ru/1751642

Фотографии:
(54.9 Кбайт / 45 просм.)

SA4L
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 29 апреля 2007, 02:49
Домашняя страница ВКонтакте Instagram LastFm
  #2242 (ПС)
это очень круто, но ты забыл пароль thugrin`овский написать:
www.thugzfamily.com

I AM THE WEST
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 29 апреля 2007, 09:28
  #2243 (ПС)
пиздец... ибеи это чтото... тока щас выиграл вот такои вот раритет в колекцию.... цена ? хех 1 цент бля 0,01$ + 6.00$ shipping, no coments.

Фотографии:
(31.5 Кбайт / 24 просм.)

Rapper by Design
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 29 апреля 2007, 10:29
ВКонтакте
  #2244 (ПС)
-
I want to get M.O.P. on the La Coka Nostra album also so that's what's up.
-
We are about to go in the studio with Alchemist, Evidence has got some brand new shit for us, Fred Wreck has some heat for us. Snoop is about to jump on a track, Bun B is about to jump on a track. Lethal did like 90 percent of the records. Basically from like 30 joints that we have, he's probably done like 25 of them. Muggs did 2, I did 1, Cynic did 1, Jacken did 1 and Q did 1. So probably like 24 out of 30 Lethal did. My brothers gonna do some shit, we just did a beat for him.
Сильно! Реально какой-то Dream Team получается! Даже не верится...
-
Realistically its probably gonna come out like January or February 2008.
Но вот это меня еще больше убило, можно сравнить с тем, как геймеры в свое время ждали DOOM 3 2 года, пиздец!

Big Pun\1998 - Capital Punishment\10 - You Ain't A Killer.mp3
SoulAssassins.com
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 29 апреля 2007, 12:05
Домашняя страница LastFm Отправить сообщение для SAOPP с помощью Yahoo Отправить сообщение через twitter для SAOPP
  #2245 (ПС)
-Цитата от 5iver Посмотреть сообщение
можно сравнить с тем, как геймеры в свое время ждали DOOM 3 2 года, пиздец!
Сравнивает он Вот ожидание StarCraft или Ку2... тогда соглашусь

Rapper by Design
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 29 апреля 2007, 13:23
ВКонтакте
  #2246 (ПС)
Вот купил себе рубашонку такую в стиле олдскул))

Фотографии:
(210.6 Кбайт / 34 просм.)

MF Doom\2001 - Operation Doomsday\02 - Doomsday.mp3
I AM THE WEST
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 29 апреля 2007, 13:44
  #2247 (ПС)
Hehe, volosi v rizii + usi= dj solo#2

SoulAssassins.com
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 29 апреля 2007, 13:55
  #2248 (ПС)

DJ Muggs - Razor To Your Throat ft. Everlast
I AM THE WEST
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 29 апреля 2007, 19:09
  #2249 (ПС)

Фотографии:
(52.8 Кбайт / 29 просм.)

SoulAssassins.com
Старый пост, нажмите что бы добавить к себе блог 29 апреля 2007, 19:18
  #2250 (ПС)
Обожаю этот сингловый кавер - уж слишком он "расплывчатый" и настольгический по времени.

Ozomatli - Ya Viene El Sol
Закрытая тема
Тэги темы: sx-10, soul assasins, sen dog, psycho realm, house of pain, funkdoobiest, dj muggs, cypress hill, b-real